5 Best and Fastest USB 3.0 Pen Drives of 2016
If you are not a fan of old school disks or sometimes bulky external hard drives, then Pen Drives are probably great relief for you. As we are now at the half of 2016, we will discuss about the best few brands that have set up a name for themselves in the recent past.
Pen Drives with USB 3.0 support are a must owing to their high-end speed of data transfer. Are these Pen Drives really expensive? They can be, depending on the size of the memory and brand factors. In India, it’s no different. These little tools are generally very cheap and it doesn’t matter about which country we are talking about.
If you are shopping in India, then you are at luck, because we are going to take a look at 5 Best and Fastest USB 3.0 Pen Drives of 2016. When we say Best, we mostly consider speed, but also price to performance ratio. Price to performance ratio is something that should concern you the most as you don’t want to overpay for a product that isn’t worth that money.
If you are worried about speed, you should know that 4 Mbps of writing speed and 14 Mbps of reading speed are sufficient for most cases, so use this as a benchmark. In our observation, we found out that SanDisk is leader among the Pen Drive sellers of India, but they are not the only ones. HP and Strontium are also at the top. They usually have that best price to performance ratio and should perform as good as they look.
Now, let’s do little analysis and see what are the best and fastest USB 3.0 Pen Drives in India.
1) SanDisk Ultra SDCZ48-032G-U46 USB 3.0 Pen Drive
- Plastic body, not metallic (not a serious issue as the quality of pendrive is good)
- Need OTG cable to connect with smartphones
- Blazing fast
- Excellent build quality
- Slides inside outer plastic case (safe to carry around in pocket)
3) Kingston DT microDuo USB3.0 OTG Pen Drive
- Heat Up quickly in USB 3.0 mode
- Slow writing speed with low end smartphones
- 2-in-1 - microUSB and USB 3.0 connectors makes it compatible with android phones (no need to buy OTG cable)
- Excellent speed
- Tiny and slim design
- Metal Construction
4) Strontium Nitro Plus OTG cum USB3.0 Pen Drive
- Average transfer speed on some devices
- Good, but not up to the standards of Sandisk
- 2-in-1 - microUSB and USB 3.0 connectors (Compatible with all OTG supported devices)
- Metal body
- Decent transfer & read speed
- Small and nicely built
5) Transcend JetFlash 700 Super Speed (USB 3.0)
- Bulky and bigger in size
- Need OTG cable to connect with mobile phones
- No LED indicator (wrong information in amazon description)
- Very good data transfer & reading speed
- Shinny plastic body
- Well built
Abhishek Upadhyay Posted on August 31, 2016
Abhishek Upadhyay is a Web Designer and Content Writer in absolute love with travel and technology, hails from Kolkata and plans to go places in search of inspiration and creativity.