While a large number of people worldwide use Android smartphones and tablets, they are not acquainted with a lot of features Android has to offer and often miss out on some key tips; completely unaware of the power of their smartphone devices. But Google keeps updating its platform almost every year and Android is updated on a regular basis. Now, you might not immediately avail of the latest version of Android on your smartphone given the make and model of it, but you sure can know some key features of it to keep the phone and its system handy.
Google is set to release the next in line, Android X soon and a number of speculations are doing the rounds in the online media about what it can do and what new features are included; but as for now; Android 6.0 Marshmallow is the latest one and if you have it in your smartphone; you can sure care about these few features:
- The app drawer is visually and functionally improved. Now you can scroll down instead of scrolling sideways to get to the app you were looking for.
- In-built support for Type-C USB to make charging and data transfer faster.
- Aesthetically pleasing lock screen with improved functionality you can take advantage of.
- DOZE – A feature that adjusts the activity of the apps while the phone is idle for a while; ensure the battery is saved.
- Better support for fingerprint scanners.
- Provides better control over the permissions provided to individual apps.
- The Cut, Copy and Paste floating options help improve the editing capability and you need not go to the top of the screen to select these options.
There are a dozens more and we hope Android X has a lot more too, given it is still being worked upon; just keep waiting till Google announces the official release and you may get to enjoy it on your smartphones soon.
Abhishek Upadhyay Posted on March 24, 2016
Abhishek Upadhyay is a Web Designer and Content Writer in absolute love with travel and technology, hails from Kolkata and plans to go places in search of inspiration and creativity.
*You can always contact ReviewMore for additional information, advice and related queries.