Places to visit in Bangalore with Kids
Snow City Bangalore - Reviews & Tips
Want to experience snow without having to travel outside Bangalore...? Then 'SNOW CITY' is the place to be.
Reviews are based on personal & first hand Experiences…
Snow City is an indoor Snow themed park spread across 12,500 sq. ft., located at the Fun-World Complex in Bangalore.
The Perfect place to chill out with friends… literally☺, as sub-zero temperature is maintained. The Entry to the park is for 45 Minutes and there are standard show timings every 1 hour.
Tickets can be purchased online or directly at the counter. Children with height below 3 feet are entitled for free entry. For everyone else it's the same ticket cost and argument won't work as there is a height scale kept and the kid will be asked to stand next to it. Ticket costs are higher on Weekends and Holidays. You can check their website or book my show for the latest price.
We had booked online and once we reached got the tag from the counter.
We noticed a warning board that mobiles/camera's may get affected due the low temperature. Hence we did not take the risk and kept everything in the car. But we took the camera along and it was fine. Ticket has to be taken for taking the camera inside. There are also lockers available at a cost for keeping the mobiles.
Once we enter - Boots, Jackets and Gloves (mittens) will be provided for everyone including kids. Only you will need to find the correct size in the crowd.
Socks are available for sale if required.
A photographer takes the picture of all the groups before entering the snow area. The photographer also takes pics inside the snow area. The pictures (available in 2 sizes) can be bought at the exit. But the cost is high - about 250 for the smaller size pic, kept in a winter snowfall themed paper frame. Softcopy won't be provided.
Hot Chocolate is available for sale which is tasty and came as a relief to the cold.
Things you can do
- Slide on the Tall Snow Slides - Rubber Tubes
- Snow Rafting on the Tall Snow Slide
- 1 small curved snow slide
- Play Basket Ball in the snow
- Climb the Ice Mountain / rock climbing
- Take pics with Ice & Snow Sculptures, Huge Snow Castle
- Enjoy the Snow Fall in between
- Dance on the Snow dance floor
- Enter an Igloo
- Play with snow, throw snow balls at friends
- Make a snowman etc
- In case you want a particular timing for Entry, it is always best to book online
- Go on Weekdays if possible as cost will be less than weekends and holidays.
- Check for group packages if more people are there.
- It is always better to put on some thermal wear for the kids/elders as it starts feeling very cold after 5-10 min. The Jackets & Boots provided do not resist cold much
- Recommend everyone to wear Socks, preferably thick woollen socks for kids as the feet get cold very fast. Else you will end up carrying the small kids around the whole time
(As happened to me☺)
- The boots for Kids are not tall enough to prevent the snow from entering inside. So keep them off areas where the snow is deep.
- Do not carry much or any items in your hand if you want to enjoy well
- Keep some cash in hand as Hot Chocolate is available for sale & you will really need it.
- Try going for the slides as soon as you enter, if you want to go for many rides. After sometime it gets very difficult to get of a raft / rubber tube as there will be a big crowd waiting to get one as soon as someone comes down.
- The place is definitely fun and a must visit place in Bangalore if you want to experience snow for the first time and that too without much travel.
- But it is a One-Time visit as the cost is very high for 45 Minutes of playing in snow.
- Not recommended to go with very small kids/babies and elderly adults.
- It's a Fun place to go with friends and family.
5, Jayamahal, Fun World Complex,
Opposite TV Tower, J C Nagar, Bangalore, Karnataka 560006
Phone: 080 2355 0000
Also read about the best laptops under
5 Best laptops under Rs 60,000 in India
Specifications,Reviews, Pros & Cons of the 5 best laptops of India under Rs 60,000
Also read about the best In-Ear Headphone
Sennheiser CX 180 Street II
CX 180 Street-II is the best In-Ear-Headphone under Rs 1000 due to its crystal quality sound, thumping deep bass, comfortability, quality wire and Fantastic ambient noise attenuation