Spec is not everything, real-world experience is what we value most.ReviewMore
There can be no argument against the fact that mobile phones have become an integral part of our lives. Teens, young adults, and even the middle-aged and the senior citizens find it really hard to imagine life without a smartphone. Catering to the whooping demands of this generation, different cellphone making companies have jumped into the fray to provide affordable alternatives to these tech starved portions of the populace.
With our thorough research and considering top 15 mobile phones from this segment, we have listed down the best phones under Rs 15000, which won’t burn a hole in your pocket. All these phones offer optimal performance and quality for the money.
List of top smartphones under Rs 15000:
Xiaomi Mi A1
Mi A1 is the combination of Xiaomi and Android One project. The stock Android is a bonus for Xiaomi customers. You can expect further Google’s OS updates in the future. You won’t find a dual camera just for Rs 15,000 price range in the market.
It is one of the best phones under Rs 15000 and offers everything for the price we pay. It has the best camera in this price segment. Performance is good without any heating issues. However, fast charging feature is not available. Just get it and enjoy the experience of Android One with Xiaomi’s Mi A1.
- 2 Ghz, Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processor + Adreno 506 GPU
- 5.5 inch Full HD Display with 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution
- 4 GB DDR4 RAM with 64GB ROM
- Android Nougat 7.1.2 (Android One Smartphone – with confirmed upgrades to Android Oreo and Android P).
- 12 MP dual camera on the rear side, 5 MP Front-facing Camera.
- 3080 mAh Li-polymer Battery without quick charging support.
Xiaomi MiA1 Pros and Cons:
- Outstanding Camera Quality.
- Excellent performance without lag.
- No heating problems.
- Good Battery Life.
- Upgrades to Android Oreo and Android P will be available in future.
- Slightly slippery.
- Quick charging is not available.
Which phone is the best alternative to Mi A1?
Xiaomi Mi Max 2 is also an excellent mobile phone under Rs 15000 and the best alternative to Mi A1.
back to menu ↑
Moto G5S Plus
After the huge success of Moto G5 Plus, Motorola didn’t take much time to launch the upgraded version of the phone known as Moto G5S Plus where “S” stands for the special edition. It sports a metal uni-body design crafted out of a single block of metal that the previous models lacked.
Moto G5S plus is hands down one of the best phones under Rs 15000. It comes with eye-grabbing metal design, good performance, impressive battery, latest Android OS, impressive camera and much more at an affordable cost. It is one of the most reliable, budget-friendly mobile phone with mid-range specs.
- 5.5-inch Full HD screen, Android 7.1 Nougat
- 2.0 GHz Octa-core Snapdragon 625 Processor
- 4 GB RAM, 64 GB Internal storage
- 13 MP + 13 MP Dual rear cameras, 8 MP front camera with flash
- 3,000 mAh battery, Fingerprint scanner, Dual-Sim, 4G, VoLTE, Water repellent nano coating
Moto G5S Plus Pros and Cons:
- Premium metal uni-body design
- Good Performance
- Impressive battery backup and fast-charging
- Latest stock Android
- Good rear and front camera (Good daylight photos)
- Value for money
- No major cons at its price.
back to menu ↑
Lenovo K8 Note
A successor of Lenovo K6 Note, Lenovo K8 Note was released in August-17. Under the cost of 15 K, Lenovo slings in the market it’s all-new ‘Lenovo K8 Note’ while furnishing revamped features. Sporting a superb body design, it flaunts flawless bilateral symmetry and corners with ergonomic curves.
When it comes to the camera, Dolby Atmos, TheatreMax, stock android and performance, some users have reported that K8 Note has an edge. It delivers decent specs and quality for the money which makes it one of the best phones under 15000 Rupees.
- 5.5-inch Full HD screen (401 PPI), Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Deca Core (2.3 GHz) MediaTek MT6797D Chipset, Mali-T880 MP4 GPU
- 4 GB RAM, 64 GB Internal storage, 128 GB microSD expandable
- Latest Android v7.1.1 Nougat operating system with stock UI
- 13 MP + 5 MP Dual Primary Cameras, 13 MP front camera with LED flash
- 4,000 mAh battery, Dual-Sim, 4G, VoLTE, Water repellent nano-coating, Dolby Atmos, Fingerprint scanner
Lenovo K8 Note Pros and Cons:
- Metal body design
- Better Performance
- Killer Cameras
- Dedicated SIM and micro SD slots
- TheaterMax VR support
- Slight heating issue
- Poor low-light camera performance
- Average Battery Life
back to menu ↑
Coolpad Cool Play 6
Coolpad Cool Play 6 is basically a performance-focused device. Also, there is more internal storage than what you get with other phones of this segment, yet Coolpad Cool Play 6 hasn’t gained much popularity. The camera performance is strictly average and the wait to charge the battery can be annoying.
It flaunts a built-in intelligent temperature control technology, which ensures the device doesn’t get too hot even when you are playing graphics-heavy games. Battery performance is good and the device does manage to go beyond one day with light to medium use.It has battery saver modes allowing the user to extend the battery life.
- 5.5-inch Full HD screen (403 PPI pixel density), Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 1.95GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 653 Octa-core processor with Adreno 510 GPU
- 6 GB RAM, 64 GB Internal storage, 128 GB microSD expandable
- Latest Android v7.1.1 Nougat operating system with Journey UI
- 13+13MP Primary Dual Cameras, 8 MP Front camera
- 4,000 mAh battery, Dual-Sim, Dual-standby (4G+4G), VoLTE, Fingerprint scanner
Coolpad Cool Play 6 Pros and Cons:
- Good Battery Performance
- Sturdily built
- Built-in intelligent temperature control
- Dual rear camera setup
- No microSD card support
- Journey IU appears quite annoying
- Average camera quality
- No fast charging option
back to menu ↑
Asus Zenfone 3 ZE520KL
Known to manufacture cost-effective yet elegant devices, Asus in August 2016 released a new variant namely Zenfone 3 ZE520KL. It is one of the best looking phones with sleek metal and glass combo.
Asus Zenfone 3 ZE520KL is a phone with eye-catching design and is capable of running multiple apps and games without a break. However, buyers are usually worried that the Zenfone 3 phones don’t feature a Snapdragon 820 SoC. Storage expandable up to 2TB – so forget running out of space!
- 2GHz, octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processor.
- 5.2 – inch, FHD IPS Corning Gorilla Glass, Full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) resolution, 441 PPI pixel density
- 3 GB RAM and 32GB ROM (internal memory) or 4GB RAM, 64GB internal memory variant available, microSD expandable up to 2TB
- Android v6.0.1 with Google Now launcher, upgradable to Android 7.0 (Nougat)
- 16MP rear camera and 8MP front-facing camera.
- Non-removable 2650mAH lithium-ion battery
Asus Zenfone 3 Pros and Cons:
- Gorgeous design
- Good Cameras
- Smooth Performance
- Quite slippery
- ZenUI is cluttered
- Expensive compared to the competition
back to menu ↑
Lenovo Z2 Plus
Lenovo Z2 Plus, the Indian version of Lenovo Zuk Z2, was launched in India in Sep 2017. Available for 12 K, Z2 Plus is an example of perfect craftsmanship. The design of Z2 Plus is compact and is convenient enough to be held in a single hand. Made of fiberglass frame, it is lightweight which further enhances user compliance. If you are someone whose searching for compact phones under 15K budget, then Z2 Plus can be a good choice.
Powerful Snapdragon 820 processor makes it a budget beast!
At the same time, the problem of camera and battery drainage has made its stay a bit unstable. The best advice is to set your usage priorities and then proceed for the purchasing of phone.
- 2.15Ghz, Qualcomm Snapdragon 820, 4 custom Kryo cores processor
- 5 – inch, LTPS LCD capacitive touchscreen with 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution and 441 ppi pixel density
- 3 GB DDR4 RAM/32GB ROM variant and 4 GB DDR4 RAM /64GB ROM variant available
- Android v6.0.1 with Google Now launcher
- 13MP large pixel (1.34µm) primary camera, 8MP Front facing Camera with large pixel (1.4µm)
- Non removable 3500mAh high density Li-Ion battery.
Lenovo Z2 Plus Pros and Cons:
- Convenient size and good built quality
- Excellent performance
- Superb Price
- Decent Battery Life
- Interesting home button tweaks
- Sub- par Camera
- No expandable storage
- No turbo charger
- Provision of 960 fps is just a gimmick
Which are the best selfie phones under Rs 15000?
🏆 Lenovo K8 Note
Which phones under this range comes with the best rear camera ?
All the mobile phones of the list packs decent rear cameras, but Z2 Plus has sub-par camera.
🏆 Mi A1 has the best rear camera phone under Rs 15000. It comes with an outstanding 12 MP dual camera setup.
Which are the best phones that offer the maximum battery backup?
Lenovo K8 Note and Coolpad Cool Play 6 comes with huge 4000 mAh battery but lacks fast charging support. On the other hand Moto G5S Plus with 3000 mAh battery, lasts longer and supports fast charging. Mi A1 is also a good choice with 3080 mAh Li-polymer Battery but lacks quick charging.
🏆 Moto G5S Plus
Which android phones under Rs 15000 can get the latest Android OS updates?
Moto G5S Plus comes with stock android and gets latest Android OS updates faster than other phones on the list. We also recommend Mi A1 as Google promises further OS updates in the future – Android One OS (confirmed upgrades to Android Oreo and Android P)
🏆 Mi A1 & G5S Plus
Here are few more suggestions for decent mobile phones under 15000 Rs:
- 10.or G
- Lenovo P2
- LG Q6
In case you have any question regarding the best mobile phones under Rs 15000, use the comment section below or mail us. We can help you.